Outlook for 2021 and the midterm
In 2021 the Group will continue with efforts to mitigate any adverse impacts and to preserve and enhance surrounding environments. In the midterm we plan to review a number of regulatory documents, including the HSE Policy and REACH regulations. EVRAZ will maintain its commitment to implementing measures under the Clean Air national project.
EVRAZ will also continue to implement its Air Emission reduction programme, which includes the following key projects:
- Coke gas cooling system upgrade. 2021 objective: complete the design stage.
- Off Gas Desulphurisation Installation. 2021 objective: complete the design stage (in progress since 2019).
- Coke gas redirected to by-product recovery plant № 3. 2021 objective: continue the project (to be completed by 2022).
- Off-gas cleaning units efficiency upgrade 2021 objective: continue the project (to be completed by 2024).
- Decommissioning of the cooling tower for coke oven gas. 2021 objective: continue the project (to be completed by 2022).
- Kiln off-gas system upgrade. 2021 objective: complete the project.
Water management programmes launched in previous periods will continue, including at EVRAZ ZSMK, EVRAZ NTMK, Raspadskaya, and EVRAZ Vanady-Tula. The construction of treatment facilities at Raspadskaya Coal Company will also continue in 2021.